A Man That God Uses

>> Monday, February 9, 2009

What a great night of the Word and fellowship last night. I can see that the body at Calvary Monroe is starting to click. People are hanging out after and really talkin' it up. This blesses a pastor's heart and is an answer to prayer.

Last night, I taught a larger portion of scripture than I'm used to. We covered a chapter and a half in Acts (3-4), highlighting portions and answering the question: What are the characteristics of a man that God uses? (I heard really good teachings on this approach so don't think that I came up with it all. :)

1. A man of prayer
2. A man of faith
3. A man who is preoccupied with the glory of God
4. A man who hides the word of God in their heart
5. A man who is full of the Holy Spirit
6. A man who is nimble in the hand of God

Though it was great to see people tracking with me, if I'm being honest, I think I was blessed more than any (at least that's how i feel). It was just a wonderful time in the scriptures. We are incredibly blessed to have His Holy Word preserved for us all this time and incredibly blessed to be loved by Him. I kneel in awe!

3 comments:

Rebecca 2/15/09, 9:49 PM  

It was an awesome night and I loved the teaching! Praise God.

Doug 2/16/09, 11:44 AM  

I'm glad you were blessed! Thank you both for your commitment and help in this work. We really appreciate you both :)

Anonymous 2/16/09, 8:00 PM  

Straight from the Bible... Oh how that is sorely lacking in any public debate about Christianity.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP