Notes from Sunday

>> Tuesday, January 6, 2009

S'no more snow...that's how I kind of feel lately. We've been in the middle of the wildest snow storm in years. Just when we think it's over, another front hits and this keeps some from being able to attend. After a sweet service this past Sunday, we peered outside to see another 2-3" of snow on the ground. We even had to chain ye ol' van so the family could get home safe.

One thought surfaced for me about that night:
Though the service was small, the move of the Spirit was big. With the snow, we had a smaller attendance than usual and so instead of passing out the communion as is our tradition, I decided to move the table to the side of the sanctuary and grabbed my guitar. I encouraged them to open their Bibles to I Cor. 11, read, take the time to draw near and find intimacy with Jesus in this time. As I played and we sang, the body approached the table. One by one. Taking the precious bread; taking the precious cup. We continued to sing... "Once again I look upon the cross where You died, I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside". We stayed in the attitude of worship in song for a bit and then moved to a instrumental time. When I finally put my guitar down, I looked at the body and no one moved from their chair. The Lord just continued to work on the hearts of those there. It was a beautiful thing.

Psalm 96:9 "O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth."

1 comments:

Anonymous 1/7/09, 12:16 PM  

Doug, sounds like a nice time.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP